One of my favorite games is The Sims 2, offered by Electronic Arts.
I have The Sims 2 installed on so many machines in my house, it’s simply frightening!
And I always have to get every single update EA Games has to offer.
So is it any surprise I cringe every time a new "expansion pack" or "stuff pack" comes out?!
EA Games is masterful at luring its customers into buying all kinds of extra stuff.
So far, this is what has been offered (PC Platform) since the original Sims 2:
- The Sims 2 (original game – also on XBox, PS2, NDS, PSP), subsequent releases are Deluxe (w/Nightlife expansion), Holiday Edition (w/40 of the 60 objects from Happy Holiday stuff), Special DVD Edition (DVD of Interview with the game designers, game tips, tips on making your own films with Sims 2, screen-shots, deleted scenes, etc) and Double Deluxe (The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Nightlife Expansion Pack, The Sims 2 Celebration Stuff Pack, plus a bonus DVD)
- The Sims 2 – Nightlife
- The Sims 2 – University
- The Sims 2 – Open For Business
- The Sims 2 – Pets (Also for NDS, PSP, PS2, Wii)
- The Sims 2 – Seasons
- The Sims 2 – Bon Voyage
- The Sims 2 – Apartment Life
- The Sims 2 – Free Time
- Family Fun Stuff
- Glamour Life Stuff
- Celebration Stuff
- H&M Fashion Stuff
- Teen Style Stuff
- Happy Holiday Stuff
- Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
- IKEA Home Stuff
- Mansion & Garden Stuff
Of course, I also had to get The Sims 2 – Pets and The Sims 2 – Castaway for my Nintendo DS and PSP (also available for Wii & PS2).
And The Sims 2 for my XBox. It really makes me wonder (worry?) what’s still yet to come…