On this May 25th, 2009 Memorial Day, I would like to personally remember:
- Family friend Reginald C. Kleiner – US Navy – USS Lumen- Purple Heart recipient, 5 invasions including Okinawa, Iwo Jima, Burma & Leyte Island
- Uncle Herb Shelters – US Navy – Purple Heart recipient – Pearl Harbor
- My recently departed dad – US Air Force – Korea
- My friend’s oldest brother William Emmons – US Army – Vietnam
- Co-worker David Morton – Vietnam
- Co-worker Gary Waters – Vietnam
- Col. George E. “Bud” Day, a Medal of Honor
recipient and former POW who served in World War II, Korea, and
Vietnam, and is the Air Force’s most highly decorated combat veteran
- The Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation Board of Directors, including Col.
Kenneth W. Cordier, Cdr. Paul Galanti, and the Honorable James Warner
— all former POWs — Mary Jane McManus, wife of former POW Kevin
McManus, and Vietnam veterans Robert A. McMahon and Wallace Nunn, who
is Chairman of the Medal of Honor Foundation.
- Jack H. Fellowes … Vietnam P.O.W.
- Ralph E. Gaither … Vietnam P.O.W.
- Carlyle S. ‘Smitty’ Harris … Vietnam P.O.W.
- Gordon A. ‘Swede’ Larson … Vietnam P.O.W.
- Thomas M. McNish … Vietnam P.O.W.
- Thomas S. Pyle … Vietnam P.O.W.
- Robinson Risner … Vietnam P.O.W.
- Robert H. Shumaker … Vietnam P.O.W.
- Thomas J. Sterling … Vietnam P.O.W.
- Leo K. Thorsness … Vietnam P.O.W.
- Jack L. Van Loan … Vietnam P.O.W.
- Ronald J. Webb … Vietnam P.O.W.
- Carlton Sherwood – A thrice-wounded, decorated, Marine Corps combat veteran, Sherwood
served as a sniper-scout with the vaunted Second Battalion, Fourth
Marine Regiment — "Magnificent Bastards" — during some of the war’s
bloodiest fighting on Viet Nam’s notorious DMZ in 1967. Following a
four-year voluntary enlistment, he was honorably discharged in 1968. He later would produce the Vietnam documentary "Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal" which is critical of anti-war activists and more specifically Sen. John Kerry (D – Mass) et al during the war.
- Lt. Col. Oliver North – US Marines – Vietnam
- Captain John McCain – US Navy – Vietnam P.O.W.
- General Norman "Stormin’ Norman" Schwarzkopf – US Army – Vietnam
- John Ellis O’Neill – US Navy – Vietnam, author of "Unfit For Command" revealing Sen. John Kerry’s (D – Mass) questionable truthfulness and judgment
- Rear Admiral Roy F. "Latch" Hoffmann – US Navy – Vietnam
- Grant Hibbard – US Navy – Vietnam
- Adrian Lonsdale – US Navy – Vietnam
- Stephen Gardner – US Navy – Vietnam
- Commander George Elliott – US Navy – Vietnam
- ALL THE OTHER US SOLDIERS WHO KEEP US SAFE AND FREE!
God bless America!