I’ve noticed that when I update to the latest version, the process list gets messed up as well as the data columns. And most annoyingly, the ‘Show Process Tree’ menu item becomes permanently disabled (grayed out).
There is a fix for this, albeit imperfect. Apparently what happens is the Windows Registry entries for the application customization becomes corrupt, or out of synch with the newest version of the tool. To fix it, you can do the following:
- Exit Process Explorer completely – check your system tray to be sure it has not only been minimized to the tray
- RENAME or DELETE the following registry entry (using the Registry Editor application REGEDIT):
- Restart Process Explorer and re-configure the application options and column headings
Hope this gets you back on track!